The salmon and noodles cooked Asian style that you see on the photos are so flavorful, that this dish quickly became a favorite in and outside of our home! And, it take such a short time to make this that I’ve been feeding this dish to my family lots of times.
- ¼ cup (60ml) kecap manis (sweet Indonesian soy sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3cm piece (15g) ginger, peeled and finely grated
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 tablespoon dried chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 4 x 180g salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 200g dried rice noodles, cooked
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1Place the kecap manis, garlic, ginger and water in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- 2Place the chilli and salt on a tray and mix to combine. Press both sides of the salmon into the chilli salt to coat. Slice each fillet into 1cm-thick pieces. Heat the oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the salmon and cook, in batches, for 1 minute each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 3Add the mushroom and cook for 2 minutes. Add the sauce and cook for 4 minutes or until the mushroom is tender. Top the noodles with the salmon, mushroom and coriander to serve.