A simple, delicious and satisfying salad-for-dinner, as well as a great way to clean out the fridge.
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 T Jerez sherry vinegar
- ¼ t ground cumin
- 4 T olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 slices day-old bread, cut in cubes, or torn into bite size pieces (optional)
- 1 head frisse, rinsed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 package arugula
- 4 eggs
- 1 pint of cherry or teardrop tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1Mix the shallot, vinegar and cumin in a small mixing bowl. Whisk in olive oil an season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2In a pan or stovetop grill pan, cook your pancetta on medium high until crispy. This will take just a couple minutes on each side. Set aside on a plate covered with paper towels. Try not to eat it all!
- 3Cook your bread cubes in the fat left over from the from the prosciutto, browning on each side, till nice and crunchy. If you need to you can add a bit of butter.
- 4Fry your eggs per instructions above.
- 5Toss your lettuce with the dressing and plate the salad with lettuce, a stack of crisped prosciutto, and top with the poached egg, croutons and tomato halves.