Refreshing, light and easy, cucumber and shrimp salad is a great side to a grilled fish or teriyaki-style meat or shoyu chicken.
- 2 English hothouse cucumbers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- ¼ cup green onions, finely minced
- 2 T sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 t toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pinch sugar
- ⅓ pound cooked bay shrimp, rinsed and well drained
- Salt to taste
- 1Thinly slice the cucumber into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Put cucumber ribbons, green onions, shrimp and sesame seeds in a mixing bowl.
- 2Put vinegar in a small bowl and whisk in sugar and sesame seed oil. Add ginger and mix. Toss vegetables and shrimp with dressing.
- 3Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Refrigerating longer is better.