If you love indian cuisine, its not possible that you haven't tasted the scrumptious butter chicken. The creamy, thick gravy with chunks of chicken, the smell of butter will remind you of your favourite indian restaurant. With this recipe, you can have butter chicken at home.
In a pot, saute chicken in 4 tbsp oil/ ghee on medium heat till half cooked. Keep aside.
In the same oil, add butter.
After the butter melts, add onion.
When the onions turn transparent, add all the spices, ginger, garlic, salt and chicken. Saute chicken in the spices for 2 mins.
Pour the blended tomatoes, tomato paste and cook for 15 minutes on low heat. Then pour in yogurt, cream and lemon juice. Cook for 5 mins. Serve hot with naan. Enjoy!
- 1 kg boneless chicken cubes/ chicken with bones
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 120 g Butter
- 3 medium peeled tomatoes blended into paste
- 3 Cardamom
- 1 tsp Corriander powder
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tap turmeric powder 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 chicken stock cube1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped for garnishing
- 1In a pot, saute chicken in oil on medium heat till half cooked. Remove and keep aside.
- 2In the same pot, add butter. Let it melt, add chopped onions, cook till they turn transparent.
- 3Add all the spices: coriander, cumin, turmeric, paprika, red chilli, garam masala, cinnamon stick, cardamom, ginger, garlic, chicken stock cube and salt. Toss in the chicken and cook for 2 mins while stirring.
- 4Pour the blended tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook for 15 mins on low heat.
- 5Lastly, add yogurt, cream and lemon juice. Cook for 5 min on medium heat. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve hot with naan. Enjoy!