I always ask my mum to make these scrumptious mutton chops when I visit her. They are healthy, delicious and doesn't disturb your diet plan. Steamed broccoli, beans, corn and carrot provide a good source of essential vitamins and antioxidants.
My kids love the colorful vegetables and the ability to hold the chops in their hands like chicken drumsticks. If your kids are picky eaters, try making this recipe. It takes no time to present these lovely chops and veges on your dinner table.
In a bowl, add hot sauce, chaat masala, ginger, garlic, lemon, red chilli flakes, yogurt, salt and oil. Mix to form a smooth paste. Marinade the chops for about 4 hrs.
Prepare your vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and steam till they are cooked for about 10 mins.
In a pressure cooker, put your chops with the marinade. Pour half cup of water and cook for about 15 mins or more on low flame after the first whistle till the chops are cooked.
Serve these chops with steamed vegetables and garlic bread/ bun. Enjoy!
- 700g mutton chops
- For the marinade:
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 1/2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- For the steamed vegetables:
- 1 cup carrot cut into thick slices
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup green beans cut into inch size pieces
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1In a bowl, add all the ingredients of the marinade. Mix to form a smooth paste and toss in the chops. Marinade for about 4 hours.
- 2Season the vegetables with salt and pepper. Steam till they are cooked.
- 3In a pressure cooker, add the chops and the marinade with half cup of water.
- 4Cook on low flame after first whistle for 15 mins or more till the chops are cooked.
- 5Serve these chops with steamed vegetables and garlic bread/ bun. Enjoy!