Its weekend again and this time I am craving for oriental chinese food. My town doesn't have any good chinese restaurants so I have no choice other than to cook myself. Its a very simple recipe and easy to follow.
- 2 cups rice boiled
- 1 carrot juvenile cut
- 1 capsicum juvenile cut
- 1/2 cup spring onions chopped
- 1 egg beaten with pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup tin corn
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Splash of soya sauce
- 1In a wok, add a tbsp of oil. On medium flame, make scrambled egg by vigorously stirring the egg. Keep aside.
- 2In the same wok, add 2 tbsp of oil, sauté carrots and capsicum on low flame.
- 3Add garlic, salt, white pepper, black pepper, vinegar and chicken stock cube. Mix well. Cook for 3 to 4 mins.
- 4Toss in spring onions, corn and scrambled egg. Cook for 2 mins.
- 5Gradually add rice to the wok while stirring so that all the rice is mixed with the vegetables.
- 6Serve hot with sweet and sour chicken or any oriental chinese curry. Enjoy !