Today I am making Russian salad, also known as Olivier salad. The flavor and texture of this salad is a bit different from the standard salads, as it uses boiled vegetables. When cooking the veggies, ensure that you do not overcook them – because the vibrant colours and crispness of the vegetables have to retain.
Combining such perfectly cooked vegetables with canned peas give the salad a sweet and tangy flavor while dressing it in mayonnaise and fresh sour cream adds to its lusciousness. Serve this salad chilled, to enhance the flavor and crunch.
Hope you will like it!
- 3 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 3 pickled cucumber
- 1 can of sweet peas
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion
- Fresh drill
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream
- 1Boil potatoes and carrots separately in salted water until cooked, but still firm. Drain and let them cool.
- 2Prepare hard boiled eggs in advance, let them cool down to room temperature as well.
- 3Peel boiled potatoes and carrots.
- 4Dice potatoes, carrots, eggs, pickled cucumbers and fresh onion into small cubes and put them into a serving bowl.
- 5Open can with sweet peas and drain liquid, add to the bowl.
- 6Add chopped dill and cilantro
- 7Season with ground black pepper and salt
- 8Mix everything together gently with mayonnaise and sour cream.
- 9Salad is ready to be served!