Steaming mussels in a big saucepan with sautéed onions and garlic, in my favorite white wine and tomato sauce, the aroma of these mussels was so pleasant.
After steaming in the saucepan for just 8-10 minutes, they were ready in a snap!
- 600g of mussels
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 6 spoons tomato sauce
- 1 cups of white wine
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes
- Dried cilantro
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1Rinse mussels under cold running water.
- 2Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat and add olive oil. Sauté the garlic and minced onions for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- 3Add salt, pepper, and cilantro.
- 4Then add the mussels,the glass of white wine, tomatoes paste, sun-dried tomatoes and cover the saucepan. Covering the saucepan is an important step, as it allows the mussels to cook and steam evenly.
- 5Cook until the mussels open for about 8-10 min, then remove the lid and add fresh thyme. Serve hot, with bread.