We often get crispy chicken ready made from stores. But have you ever thought that they add vague ingredients like Ajinomoto which is really not good for health!
Here is the exact recipe of fried chicken, which kids would love to eat. It can be served as an appetizer or a snack when your kids return from school. This is my usual dish for my kids when they feel like eating out!
- Chicken - 500 gms
- Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - as required
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Egg -1 no
- Common flour - 2 tablespoon
- Corn flakes(fried and coarse) - 1 cup or 2; It can be replaced by bread crums(coarse)
- oil - to fry
- 1Mix chilli powder, salt, egg and ginger-garlic paste with the chicken. It is better to leave as such for a while. The more time you keep, the more the taste is. Adding garam masala is optional.
- 2Mix warm water and salt to the common flour and make a thick paste.
- 3Take the corn flakes or bread crums in a bowl. We can even use crushed potato chips as an alternative.
- 4Take a chicken piece and dip in the flour paste. Then dip it in the corn flakes to get coated.
- 5Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the chicken pieces, batch by batch. Do not over dump more pieces in the wok. Add few for a batch and golden fry the pieces.
- 6Serve the fried chicken with tomato ketchup.