Almost every kid loves to eat paneer! When such a healthy food is cooked so delightfully and tastefully, It's no doubt that they are gonna have a feast!
This butter paneer masala is little sweeter, tangier and with a slight hot taste. I just cook it for kids and you can always make it more hot by increasing the quantity of chilly powder. It goes well with chappatis, rotis and parottas. Enjoy the goodness of milk and the taste of a little spicy gravy for your dinner or lunch!
- Panner - 200 gms
- Butter - 1 teaspoon (You can even use ghee)
- Any edible oil - 3 teaspoon
- Onion - 1 no
- Tomato - 1 no
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seed powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam Masala - 1/4 teaspoon
- Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk - 1/4 of a cup or 60 ml
- Poppy seed - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts - 5 no
- Salt - to taste
- 1Cut the paneer into small cubes and boil it in water for a minute. Then drain the water and keep the paneer aside. There is no necessity that the paneer cubes are well-cooked. It is just to ensure that the paneer is washed once and the sour taste is removed from it, if any.
- 2Heat a pan and add butter & oil. Once it gets heated add the finely chopped onion and saute it.
- 3Then add the ginger-garlic paste and saute it. Now add the finely chopped tomato and let it cook for a minute.
- 4Now, it's time to add cumin seed powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, and garam masala. Sprinkle a little of water and allow the spices to cook, so that the raw smell goes off. You can even close the pan with a proper lid to aid the cooking process.
- 5Meanwhile, make a fine paste of the poppy seeds and the cashew nuts.
- 6Just open the lid and check whether the spices smell raw. If it smells so, then sprinkle some more water and allow it cook by closing the pan.
- 7Once the smell goes off completely, pour the finely ground paste and milk into it. Mix it well and place the paneer cubes one-by-one or slowly. The paneer cubes may break when we add it all of a sudden. so a little care is essential.
- 8Let it boil for a minute and the spicy, tasty gravy is ready to serve!
- 9Note: Make it tangy by adding 2 teaspoons of tomato sauce while you add the paneer to the gravy. For kids, you can also add a teaspoon of sugar for a little more sweet taste! The restaurant style dish is now ready!