“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”-Leonardo da Vinci
And just like that Morocco knocked out Spain on penalties to reach the World Cup Quarter finals. They are the first Arab representative to have survived this far at a global final. Kudos to the team and all the best for the rest.
So, I decided to stir up something simple, sweet, quick and very Moroccan to celebrate. Did you know that Morocco is known for its juicy citrus fruits? Here is a dish that caught my attention and ticked all the boxes. Apart from my so called “no sugar diet” and my love for zesty flavors, it was the beautiful and simple presentation here that stole my heart. Just can wait to stud the next party table with this dish and see how ornate and level-up the spread is going to look.
What is Orange blossom water?
Orange flower water, or orange blossom water, is a clear aromatic by-product of the distillation of fresh bitter- orange blossoms for their essential oils.
Health benefits of orange blossom water?
Orange blossom water is said to have excellent antioxidant properties. Apart from its use in cooking, teas, desserts etc, it is gaining popularity in skin care too. Just like rose water is used in various skin care routines and applications, orange blossom water too is used similarly.
Some usages of Orange blossom water in skin care:
1. Used as a toner.
2. Used in bath water to soothe headache , stress and have plump skin.
3. Used to reduce redness and irritation on skin.
4. Used to cure pet wounds.
5. Soothes sun burns.
6. Conditions hair.
and much more….
Try this recipe and orange blossom on your skin and let me know how it worked out. Here we go.
- Oranges( preferably navel)-3
- Orange juice freshly squeezed- 4tbsp
- Orange blossom water- 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder-1/4 tsp +( a pinch for garnish)
- Mint leaves- a few
- Walnuts and chopped dates- (optional)
- Sugar or honey- 1 tsp
- 1Cut slices of orange into roundrels. Slit one side and peel the orange. Place the slices in a flat plat.
- 2In a bowl add all the other ingredients except mint leaves, walnuts/dates(optional).
- 3Pour the dressing over the slices till they coat well.
- 4Garnish with mint leaves, dates or walnuts.
- 5Bling film the plate and refrigerate for at least an hour so that the flavors mingle well. Serve chilled. Enjoy!