When you want something quick yummy, cheesy and kid friendly.... all at the same time then this one is on the spotlight! And even quicker if you have left over chicken chunks. I had some Tandoori chicken chunks from the previous night dinner and voila it contributed to making a full fledged dinner next day too!
Quiche is a baked flan or tart with a savoury filling thickened with eggs, usually eaten cold. Here I have made a base crust with crushed salted crackers. The filling is nice and creamy with cream cheese and whipped eggs along with the goodness of some green onions and parsley, chopped chicken, topped with more grated mozzerella. You can always substitute chicken with any left over meats or minces. I'm Salivating! Lets get started....And when I say easy meal you must watch my son help out in its making here.
- For the Base:
- Salt crackers- 150 gms(crumbled)
- Unsalted butter- 30ml
- For the Tandoori Chicken chunks: (ignore if using leftover chicken/ meat chunks)
- Boneless Chicken- 200 gms
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Tandoori masala powder(or any spice or your choice)- 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- For the Filling
- Cream Cheese- 250 gms
- Cream- 250 ml
- Eggs- 2
- Cooked Tandoori chicken chunks (chopped)
- Spring onions or spinach- 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Parsley or Coriander leaves- handful (chopped)
- Mozzarella for the topping- (grated) handful
- 1Grease a 24 cm tart (pie)dish. Mix cracker crumbs and butter well. Spoon the mixture on a tart dish, spread it out and press down evenly. Refrigerate for about 20 mins.
- 2Preheat oven.In a mixing bowl whisk together cream cheese and eggs, until smooth. Add the chopped chicken and greens. Season with salt, pepper and tandoori masala powder as per taste.
- 3Place the pie dish on a baking sheet and pour in the filling onto the crust. Sprinkle the grated mozzarella on top. Bake for 30 mins or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and serve with salad on side.