Got home from work last night and Ursula was sitting on the couch watching Wheel of Fortune and the Cubs were on next.
Now I know better than to say anything while she’s watching the Wheel or the Cubs. Whenever I do she always says, “Shut up I’m trying to watch this.” She then holds up her empty glass signaling that she needs another Captain and Diet Sierra Mist.
Anyhoo, I got busy on dinner and to my surprise, bingo! She took one bite and I knew I was going to get lucky that night.
Unfortunately the Cubs went into extra innings and I had to wait til 1:30 in the morning, but trust me...It was worth it.
Ladies and gentlemen I give you Sriracha Shrimp with Artichokes, Bacon, Onion and Cherry Tomatoes over Rice Ribbons.
Ursula, light my fire...
- 2 lbs. Shrimp, Peeled,Deveined and Tail off
- 1- 14 Oz. Can Artichoke Hearts, Quartered
- 4 Strips Crisp Cooked Bacon
- 4 Scallions, Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 4-5 Squirts Sriracha
- 8 Oz. Rice Nooodles, Cooked and Drained
- 1Throw some Sesame oil in a large skillet. (Olive Oyl will do as well)
- 2When hot, add Shrimp, Artichokes hearts, Scallion, Garlic and Tomatoes.
- 3Cook until Shrimp turns pink
- 4Add noodles and stir thoroughly. (I usually save about a 1/4 cup of pasta water and add to thicken it up. Cold Butter is another good idea.)
- 5Ladle on to a platter and dot the dish with squirts of Sriracha.
- 6Gimme Some Lovin'