The salmon was so easy, moist, and delicious, and the fact that my son ate it all up makes it a definite addition to our my favorite recipes!
- For the Sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup orange juice, preferably fresh squeezed
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili paste, such as sambal oelek, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- For the Fish
- 4 ~200g salmon fillets, skin removed
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- 2Make the sauce: In a large bowl, stir together the ketchup, orange juice, sugar, chili paste and sesame oil. Set aside.
- 3Make the fish: Season the salmon generously with salt and pepper, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Place the seeds on a plate and dredge the tops of the fillets in the sesame seeds to coat.
- 4In an ovenproof skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the salmon, sesame seed side down, to the pan and sear, turning once, until golden brown about 3 minutes on each side.
- 5Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the salmon until cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- 6Generously brush with the orange sauce and serve.