A favourite recipe of mine to cook using chanterelle is a risotto. I find that the mushrooms still keep a bit of their crunch and do not end up really soggy – making them perfect to add to a risotto. This recipe is also a great one. The mushrooms work so well with goats cheese and it is really quick and easy to make.
- 500g goats cheese
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 1 box of chanterelle
- Handful of watercress
- 5 eggs
- 75ml single cream
- Small bunch fresh parsley
- Black pepper
- 1Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5/ 180 C.
- 2Grease a quiche/ flan dish with some butter. Roll out the pastry and line the dish, trimming the edges and tidying them up.
- 3Lay out the goats cheese in the base of the tart. Then scatter the mushrooms on top and in the gaps. Scatter a bit of watercress on top and also in any gaps. Then sprinkle the parsley on top.
- 4In a large mixing bowl add the eggs and the cream. Whisk until combined. Pour the mixture into the quiche dish making sure that ingredients are covered. Do not fill right to the top.
- 5Season with some black pepper and then carefully place in the oven. Leave to cook for around 30 – 35 minutes. Once cooked leave to cook for at least 15 minutes before eating.