Fresh grilled vegetables in olive oil with a couple of slices of fresh crunchy bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar is my idea of heaven. My Italian grilled salad is a perfect way to combine all those flavours with a bit of salmon for the protein.
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 balls mozzarella
- smoked salmon
- 1 lemon
- handful of green olives
- fresh basil leaves
- olive oil
- black pepper
- 1Heat a large griddle pan or heat the grill. Gently spray the courgettes, aubergines and tomatoes with olive oil. Grill on each side for around 4 minutes.
- 2Lay the tomato slices on a plate and then add a slice of mozzarella on top of each slice.
- 3Place the aubergines in between each slice of tomato and some courgette slices on top.
- 4Place the smoked salmon in the middle of each plate and light drizzle with the juice of half a lemon.
- 5Garnish with ground black pepper, fresh basil leaves, green olives and lemon wedges.
- 6Serve with fresh bread, olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the side.