Decadently good Rice Krispie treat cookies can be made in under half an hour. Bring a plate to your next gathering and watch them disappear even faster.
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup light karo syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 1In a large bowl lightly toss coconut flakes and Rice Krispies. Set aside. Lightly butter a cookie sheet.
- 2In a saucepan heat karo syrup and sugar over medium heat until it begins to boil. Reduce heat and boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- 3Remove from heat and stir the peanut butter into the sugar mixture until well-combined. Stir the peanut butter/sugar mixture into the Rice Krispies and coconut until they are all combined.
- 4Using a tablespoon, drop heaping spoonfuls of the mixture onto the cookie sheet, using your hand to lightly form the cookies into mounds.
- 5In the microwave, heat chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until melted and smooth.
- 6Dab the top of each cookie with a teaspoonful of chocolate. Store in the refrigerator.