Zoodles carbonara is a healthy, low-carb take on classic Spaghetti carbonara. The sauce is made with bacon, eggs and parmesan cheese. This satisfying meal is made in under half an hour making it the perfect weeknight meal.
- 4 zucchini
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cut in ½
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup peas (if frozen defrost) (optional)
- 2 T chopped parsley
- ¼ t crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1Make your zoodles using either the fine (C blade) or medium blade (B blade). I used the fine blades in the photograph, but I like the thicker noodles better for this recipe.
- 2Whisk the eggs and parmesan together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3In a large skillet saute the bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Remove all but 1 T bacon grease and reserve.
- 4Reheat the bacon fat over a medium high heat and add the onions and garlic to the pan and saute for a couple minutes. Stir in zoodles and saute, stirring and turning frequently for a couple minutes. If needed you can add a little more bacon fat, but not too much or the dish will be greasy. Remove from the heat, add egg and parmesan mixture and quickly toss. Add peas and season with red pepper flakes, parsley and salt and pepper.