Aloo paratha can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Crispy parathas with a spicy potato filling is a must try in this cold weather.
Firstly, mix water, flour and oil in a kitchen aid or knead the dough by hand. It shouldn't be too hard or too soft and shouldn't stick to the vessel. It will bounce back if you poke it. You will make about 10 round balls.
Take one ball and divide it into two.
Roll one of them with a rolling pin into a circle and add Potato masala
Roll the other divided ball and place on top of it.
Sprinkle dry flour on the roti and roll it till its little thin and large.
In a pan, add 1 tsp of oil and fry the paratha till light brown on both sides. Serve hot with tea and chutney.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cup water or more
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Potato masala (prev on blog)
- Oil for frying
- 1For the paratha dough, add flour and salt in the dough mixer. Gradually add water and oil. Knead till the dough bounces back and doesn't stick to the bowl. Divide the dough into 10 round balls.
- 2Take one ball and firther divide into two. Roll it into a small circle. Put some potato masala on it. Roll the other divided dough ball and place on top of another.
- 3Sprinkle flour and roll the paratha till its slightly thin and larger in size.
- 4In a pan on medium heat, fry the paratha on both sides with little oil till they are light brown.
- 5Serve hot with tea and chutney.