Chicken tikka is one of the most popular dishes of the indian subcontinent. Chunks of tikka flavored chicken rolled in a paratha with mayonnaise and pickled onions. My kids love these rolls, even my 2 year old son likes to hold the roll and eat all by himself. Its a quick fix lunch/ dinner recipe.
- 500g boneless chicken cut in cubes
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cinamon powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp brown cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Parathas/ roti/ frozen parathas
- Pickled onions
- Lit coal for bbq flavor
- 1In a bowl, add all the above ingredients and mix with the chicken. Marinate for atleast 4 hours.
- 2In a frypan, on medium heat, cook the chicken till the marination dries up.
- 3Place the lit coal in middle of the frypan, pour 1/2 tsp of oil on the coal and cover the lid for 15 mins.
- 4Spread mayonnaise and pickled onions over the paratha. Place chicken pieces and roll it.