Bechamil is a very famous Mediterranean dish. It was thought to me many years back my one of my maids who was working part time for a arab family. This dish can be made with macaroni or spegatti but as she thought me with spegatti i will teach you the same. The best part of this dish is the chicken which has only a few ingredients but the taste is amazing the freshness of coriander leaves comes in every bite of the dish. The other best part is the white salaam is made up of wheat flour . Do try it and leave a feedback
- Spegatti 300 gms
- Chicken 2 breast
- 1 full bunch of coriander leaves
- Green chillies 5 to 6
- Salt to taste
- Pepper 1 tsp
- 2 medium onions
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Butter 100 gms
- Wheat flour 1/2'cup
- 1 ltr milk
- Mozzarella cheese 1 cup
- 1Boil spegatti drizzle some oil over it and set aside . Boil chicken with salt and pepper 1/2 tsp powder shred it and set aside.
- 2Heat 4 tbsp oil fry fry onions till translucent add finely chopped chillies and ginger garlic paste fry till raw smell vanishes add shredded chicken mix well add salt and remaining 1/2tsp pepper powder then one full bunch of coriander leaves chopped. The chicken will taste amazing if you add the whole bunch of coriander leaves fry for 2 mts and keep it aside
- 3Melt butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan add wheat flour and fry for a couple of minutes till fragrant off the gas add milk little by little untill it forms a lump free smooth paste .On the flame again and boil it till it thickens and forms a nice smooth sauce add salt and pepper to taste and add boiled spegatti and stir well no need of cooking after adding spegatti , we just want the sauce coated with the spegatti, off the gas and set it aside.
- 4Take a baking tray add a layer of spegatti spread chicken as a 2nd layer .spread some mozzarella cheese on it . Again put the spegatti layer and finally mozzarella cheese. You can make another tray of bechamil with the remaining spegatti and chicken.
Now preheat the oven at 180 deg for 5mts and place your baking trays bake it for 10mts. Finally on the top grill for 3 mts to get a good golden colour. Serve hot.