My husband being a salad lover I end up making variety of salads with different combinations for dinner which is usually accompanied by a soup which makes my dinner light and easy. This is a very unique kind of salad which is highly nutritious and a good change than the typical salad do try it yourself and let me know.
- Beetroot 500 gms
- Oranges 4
- Walnuts 100 gms
- Orange rind 1 tsp
- Pepper 1/2tsp
- Olive oil 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- 1Peel the beetroot and cut into cubes transfer them into a ovenproof dish now sprinkle salt and pepper.
- 2Extract juice of 2 oranges which will be approximately 3/4cup or more into this add orange rind ( grated peel of oranges) 1tsp that's of 1 or 2 oranges only the orange part not the white part as the white part is bitter in taste. Mix olive oil 2 tbsp also into the juice .
- 3Now pour this orange juice into the beetroots and cover the baking dish with foil paper and bake it for 15mts or more at 220degrees till the vegetable is cooked well. When its cooled check the seasoning add salt or pepper if desired .Set aside.
- 4Now take the remaining 2 oranges peel outer skin and separate the segments and also remove thier white transparent skin and thier seeds set aside.Now in a frying pan pour 2 tbsp olive oil and add the walnuts toast them for 3 mts add the peeled oranges and the beetroot toss them for a minute remove them in a serving dish and let it cool . Serve cold.