Bhindi is a vegetable loved by almost everyone kids or adults all happily eat it up without a fuss. There are so many recipes to cook this lovely vegetable but today I am going to teach you the much loved bhindi do pyaaza easy, simple and delicious recipe do try it out.
- Bhindi (okra) 350gms
- Onion chopped 1 large
- Tomatoes 2 medium
- Large onion cut into big cubes 1
- Oil 3 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Ajwain 1/2tsp ( carom seeds)
- 2 dry red chilli
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Haldi 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2tsp
- Yoghurt 2 tbp
- Amchur powder 1 tsp or lemon juice
- Garam masala powder 1/2tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 1Wash the bhindi and dry it with a towel .now cut the head and tail off. And cut them into 2 inch pieces. Set aside.
- 2Chop onions and puree the 2 tomatoes into a paste. Now cut the other large onion into 4 equal parts and separate thier layers set aside.
- 3In a pan put 3 tbsp oil now put the bhindi and fry it well till cooked but now mashy dont cover it and cook just stir fry . Now drain it from the oil by using a spoon and remove it and set aside . In the same pan add the big cubed onions and fry it for a couple of minutes till lightly browned but still raw and crunchy. Remove it and set it aside.
- 4In the same pan add 2 more tbsp of oil when heated add 1/2tsp ajwain when crackled add dry red chilies now add finely chopped onions and fry till light brown now add ginger garlic paste fry it till raw smell vanishes now add pureed tomatoes fry it till 3 to 4 mts now add salt to taste now add all the dry masalas and saute it well for another couple of minutes . Now add yoghurt mix well. Now add the fried bhindi and onions. Mix well. Now add anchor powder lemon juice. Check salt level at this stage. Now add garam masala powder
- 5Now cover and cook for 5 mts. Now add chopped coriander leaves. Serve it hot with rotis.