Black chickpea or kala chana is popularly known as a good source of protein. It can be added to your daily diet to control diabetes and blood sugar. Chickpeas are rich in protein and fiber, both of which aid weight loss. Fibre keeps you fuller for longer and protein satiates hunger. The fiber content in it also takes good care of your digestive system.
Today I am going to share a tasty jatpati recipe made from this chana. It can be eaten as a snack or as a dinner salad. Do try.
- 1 cup cooked black chickpeas
- 1 cucumber chopped
- Cherry tomatoes half cup or 1 tomato
- Onion medium chopped 1
- Coriander leaves chopped handfull
- Raw mango chopped 1 small
- Olives pitted and chopped 1/4cup
- Iceberg lettuce chopped 1 cup
- Peanuts 3 tbsp
- Dressing ;Olive oil 4 tbsp
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Red chilli powder 1/2tsp
- Pepper powder 1/2tsp
- Chaat masala 1/2tsp
- Zeera powder 1/2tsp
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- 1Chop all the onions very finely so that we dont get big chunks while eating. Chop the rest of the vegetables small bite sizes. Add boiled and well drained black chana and all the other ingredients.
- 2Make a dressing by first grating the garlic add olive oil in it . Add rest of the ingredients of dressing. When it's time to serve mix the dressing with the salad or else your salad will leave a lot of water and will be soggy. Serve cold.