Egg bhurji is a desi version or a variant of scrambled eggs .The difference lies in its preparation and addition of sautéed chopped onions, chilies and optional spices. It is usually served with rotis or naan or pav/bread in Mumbai.
If you are thinking what's the difference between mangalorean bhurji and Mumbai bhurji then I will tell this definitely has a different taste . The later one has more masala in addition to pav bhaji masala which gives a unique flavour. Mangalorean one we add coconut too which gives a different flavour. Both have thier own unique flavour. Do try yourself and feel that difference
- 5 eggs.4 medium small onions
- 4 small tomatoes
- 2 green chillies
- Ginger 1 inch
- Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp or less
- Paav bhaji masala 3 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped handfull
- Salt to taste
- Butter 3 tbsp
- Oil 3 tbsp
- 1Chop onions , ginger and green chillies very fine . I used a chopper to chop onions along with ginger and green chillies.
- 2In a wok add oil and butter slide into it the onions ginger and green chillies fry well till light golden. Meanwhile in the chopper chop the tomatoes finely. Add this to the onions.
- 3Fry well till tomatoes mash up add salt , paav bhaji masala, turmeric and red chili according to your taste as we have green chilli already added. Fry well for 5 mts.
- 4Meanwhile in a bowl mix 5 eggs along with a pinch of salt and whisk well. Add this eggs into the masala and let it cook till the eggs are cooked it takes 5 mts but keep stirring as then quickly stick to the bottom of the pan. Dont cook the eggs till they become very dry. Let there be some moisture in them.Once done off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves. Serve with roti or dosa or bread .