Brain masala is a dish which is cooked on special occasions and not on regular basis in many households. It is popular not only for its weight loss properties but also for the health benefits it provides. It aids digestion, boosts immunity, calms your mind and is good for your cardiovascular and brain health.Though it is high in cholesterol. We can feast on it as it is occasionally cooked. Do try this recipe when you want cook brain masala next time.
- Goat brain 4
- Oil 1/4cup or more
- 2 finely chopped onions medium
- Tomotoes medium 2
- Coriander leaves 1 cup
- Green chillies 5 or according to taste
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2tsp or more
- Salt to taste
- Coriander powder 1 and half tsp
- Cumin powder 1 and half tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/2tsp
- Yoghurt 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice 2 tsp
- 1Clean and devein the brains . To Devien them
gently push the brain downward with the help of your thumb. then pull the veins once you pull veins from one side turn it other side and check it. if you find some veins remain in between the brain structure pull them out.
Now in a saucepan boil 2 cups water add 1/2tsp turmeric powder once the water starts boiling add the brains and let it cook for 5 mts, now drain them out of the water and set aside to cool .
- 2In a kadai heat oil add finely chopped onions fry till light golden meanwhile in a chopper finely chop green chillies along with coriander leaves and set aside . In the same chopper add tomatoes and finely chop it to a puree form.
- 3When the onions are light golden add pureed tomatoes and ginger garlic paste fry well for 5 mts .
- 4Add turmeric powder , red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt . Mix well for another 5 minutes.
- 5Add yoghurt mix well and add lemon juice add the brains and chop it into tiny pieces with the help of your spoon and mix it well with the masala. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Now add chopped coriander and green chillies and mix them well . Serve them hot with roti.