Churumuri is the most famous mangalore street snack made with puffed rice which is its main ingredient. It is made in 2 ways vegetarian and non vegetarian...boiled egg is added in the later ...its spiced with spices and coconut oil which is a must to get the authentic flavour....these stalls are mostly set in the evenings where friends gather and enjoy a cheap snack which is filling too .. these days the most famous and yummiest churumuri with good hygiene level maintained outlet is in mangalore forum mall ground level ..do give it a try . Its a spicy tangy snack which i think every mangalorean has tasted and craves for it every now and then .
Today i am going to make the boiled egg version...you can increase or decrease the red chilly level ,this is mostly enjoyed spicy.
.Note; if you want vegetarian version pls skip the eggs.
- Puffed rice 3 cups
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 1 medium size tomato chopped
- 1 grated carrot
- coconut oil 4 tbsp
- Spicy roasted peanuts 5 tbsp
- 3 tbsp grated raw mango
- 1 /2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder ( you can reduce if you want less spicy)
- Boiled eggs 3 chopped finely
- Pepper powder half tsp
- Salt to taste .
- 1Pls make sure your puffed rice is crunchy if its soft , dry roast it in a pan for 5 mts till crunchy
- 2Take chopped onion, tomato, grated carrot, raw mango, coriander leaves, chilli powder, boiled eggs ,salt in a bowl and mix well.
- 3Add coconut oil, lemon juice and mix it. . Now tadte the masala for the salt and spice level..
- 4At the end add puffed rice or else it will become soggy then peanuts and mix it. Serve it immediately..