Dates cake was the first home made cake I ever tasted which was baked to perfection by my dear sister in law Qamar Banu who is more a friend to me. It was a melt in the mouth just too good, over the years I never took the trouble to learn it as when ever i wished to eat it she would happily bake it . But it was only recently I learnt this delicious cake from her as she shifted to India and no more any one was there to bake it for me. As we all know the numerous benefits of dates we can happily enjoy this desert to the fullest. Do try it and enjoy this delicious treat.
- Soft Dates pitted 500 gms
- All purpose flour 1 and half cup
- Eggs 4
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda 1 tbsp
- Unsalted Butter softened 1 cup
- 1To soften dates first remove all the seeds from the dates add 1 tbsp soda bicarbonate with 10 tbsp of water . Mix well and set aside for 6 hrs . After the given time crumble the dates with your fingers to get a smooth paste. Keep the ingredients at room temperature.
- 2In deep bowl add sugar and soften butter and beat it till creamy. Now add one egg beat for 2 mts add the second egg and beat again continue this till all eggs are incorporated well.
- 3Seive the dry ingredients like flour and baking powder couple of times so that it gets aerated. Now mix this flour in small portions into the egg mixture and keep beating for 5mts . Now add the dates mixture into it mix well again . Your batter is ready . Meanwhile while preheat the oven at 180 deg for 10 mts.
Grease a baking tray with butter or oil place a baking sheet if you have over it . This helps the cake to come out easily without sticking to your pan. Fill the batter upto 3/4 as the cake will rise up. Now bake it for 45minutes at 180 deg . Pls check the cake after 40 mts with a skewer if it comes out clean your cake is done or else leave it for another for 5 or 10 mts.