Falooda is an Indian version of a cold dessert made with noodles. It has origins in the Persian dish faloodeh. Traditionally it is made by mixing rose syrup, vermicelli, and sweet basil seeds with milk, often served with ice cream.The vermicelli used for preparing falooda is made from wheat, arrowroot, cornstarch, or sago. During summer this is the most loved desert as its easily available as a street food. Do try this lovely desert and leave a feed back.
- Vermicelli ( falooda sev) 50gm/ 1 pack
- Basil / sabja seeds 3 tbsp
- Milk 2 cups
- sugar 2 tbsp
- Rooh afza / rose syrup as required
- Chopped mixed nuts as required
- Chopped dates 5 optional
- Jelly strawberry or orange 1 pack
- Vanilla Icecream as required
- 1Prepare the jelly by adding 3/4cup of hot water mix it and add 3/4 cup of room temperature water mix until all the particles are dissolved. Keep it to set in the refrigerator.
- 2Boil milk in a saucepan add sugar or condensed milk for a little sweetness. We dont want it to be very sweet as we will and rose syrup too later. Let the milk cool down completely and keep it in the refrigerator for about and hour or till well chilled.
- 3Soak the basil seeds in 1 cup water for half an hour or until they are swelled up. Set aside.
- 4Boil the vermicelli with enough of water for 5 mts or until cooked and drain them . Let it cool down .
- 5Mix rose syrup as per your sweetness in the milk and mix it well .
- 6For assembling take a tall glass first add 2 tbsp jelly then 1tbsp basil seeds then 2 tbsp vermicelli pour the milk till 3/4 of your glass is filled. Top it up with chopped dates and nuts the vanilla icecream and finally garnish it with nuts . Serve immediately. Enjoy the glass of goodness.
- 7Note; vermicelli used here is the falooda sev which is easily available in all Indian stores . Dont try to break them up as it's very hard to break them up just boil as it is.