Honey mustard dressing can be easily made at home and stored for a longer use in the refrigerator. This can be used as a spread to sandwiches or as a dip to eat veggies like carrots , cucumbers and celery cut in long sticks which I usually do to feed my kids as they love it. You can make a variety of salads with this dressing today i am sharing a simple egg and apple salad. Do try it.
- Boiled eggs 5
- Apples 2
- Lettuce leaves as required
- 1 small carrot grated
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder as required
- Raisins 1/4 cup
- Ingredients for honey mustard dressing;
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard paste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1Method to make the honey mustard dressing;
Mix all the ingredients under the honey mustard dressing and mix well till smooth and not lumps. You can use as much required and store it in a bottle in the refrigerator.
Boil the eggs peel them and cut them vertically. Set aside
- 2Peel the apples and cut them into 1 inch pieces or bite size.
- 3In a large bowl roughly cut the lettuce leaves and add them along with the cubed apples and grated carrots sprinkle salt and red chili powder over them . Add the raisins and drizzle the honey mustard dressing as required may be 3 to 4 tbs. Toss them up . Now keep the cut egg pieces on top sprinkle salt and red chilli powder on them . Dont mix the eggs as we don't want to break it up. Ad drizzle the sauce on top. Serve immediately.