Egg drop soup is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. It's a damm easy soup very quick and can be enjoyed during winter. I have used chicken stock cube you can add fresh chilli stock.
- 1 ltr water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 green chilli thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder 1/2 tsp or more
- Soya sauce 1tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped to garnish
- 1Pour water in a saucepan when it comes to boil add stock cube let it dissolve.
- 2Add soya sauce, green chilli thinly sliced , pepper powder , salt to taste remember the cube has salt so add accordingly
- 3Dissolve the cornflour in 1/4cup cold water and add it to the soup . When it starts to thicken in a small bowl beat the egg well and with a help of a fork slowly start dropping little by little and keep stirring the soup after each drop. Cook for a couple of minutes and your soup is done . How quick was that.. garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.