Pickles are an integral part of Indian cuisine and highly consumed across India. A meal is considered incomplete without pickle. Traditionally pickle making was considered a full day job but these days we have so many instant pickle recipes. Today I am going to share a Instant Green Apple Pickle recipe,a quick tangy and delicious side dish to have it with a simple Khichdi or curd rice. This recipe is adapted by 12recipebook.
- Green apple -2 (chopped into small cubes )
- Fenugreek ( meethi seeds)1/4tsp
- Urad daal 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves 4 strings
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Green chillies paste 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder 3 tsp
- Tamarind 1 lemon size ball
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- 1Dry roast fenugreek, urad dal and 1 tsp mustard seeds. In slow flame
Blend well and keep aside. Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup warm water .
Heat oil in a pan; splutter 1tsp mustard seeds.
- 2Add curry leaves, ginger, garlic and green chilli paste.
Sauté till the raw smell goes off.
- 3Add turmeric powder, above blended of mustard meethi and urad daal powder and chilli powder.
- 4Add tamarind juice in to it.
When it starts boiling add salt and apple pieces in to it. Dont cook the green apples as it will leave its crunchy texture. Add vinegar and switch off the flame. Let it cool down completely in the same pot. Store it in a sterile glass container in the fridge.