Meethi warqi poori is a sweet layered snack which is flaky in texture and a sinful delight . This recipe is a must try for all sweet tooth or snack lovers. This delightful recipe is from Mushtari a sweet relative of mine from Shimoga who shared her lovely recipes which are yet to be posted stay tuned for some authentic food from the Ghats of our country. I have also posted a video below to show you the procedure of how to make this poori. Do have a look and leave a feed back
- Ingredients for the dough :Maida 2 cups
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2'tsp salt
- 2 tbsp hot oil
- Ingredients for the sugar syrup;Sugar 2 cups
- Water 1 cup
- Cardamom 3
- Ingredients for the paste ;4 tbsp maida
- 3 tbsp oil or ghee
- Oil for deep frying
- 1Start the first step by preparing the dough, for that add all the ingredients of the dough and pour hot oil 2 tbsp and mix well with your hand to form a crumpy mixture. Now add water as much required to form a soft dough.Keep aside for 10 mts . Make 15 small lemon size balls. Keep them covered to avoid dryness.
- 2Make a paste by adding 3 tbsp oil or ghee and 4 tbsp maida set aside
- 3Make sugar syrup by adding 2 cups sugar and 1 cup water and 3 Cardamom . Let it boil until a thick syrup is formed of 2 strings .
- 4Start rolling the balls into thin rotis as thin as possible, make 5 rotis. Now take 1 roti brush the paste we prepared with oil and maida and place another roti again brush the paste place the 3 rd repeat the procedure till 5 th roti brush this last one with the paste. Now roll the rotis to form a log and lightly press with your hands and roll it again to make it a little longer. Now cut this into small 1/2 inch pieces and roll it into small puri at this stage you will see the layers formed . Repeat the same procedure and make all the other rotis in a batch of 5 . You will get 3 logs .Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry in medium flame, all these puris till golden brown. Remove them in a absorbent paper. Keep the sugar syrup in low heat as you dip your puris as this will avoid the syrup from granulating .Now dip each puri in the sugar syrup on both sides and remove them in a plate . Repeat till you finish all of the puris. Once they cool store them in a air tight conditioner.