Olivier salad is a traditional salad dish in Russian cuisine, which is also popular in other countries. Its basically a mix of vegetables and meat with a dressing . If you ask me whats the difference between Olivier salad and Russian salad which i have already posted, the difference between the two is Russian salad is a sweeter version with added sugar and also they are made with a combination of fruits and vegetables along with dry fruits and Olivier salad has a spicy dressing and it has meat added and the taste is entirely different. Do try it with a bowl of hot piping soup and leave a feed back
- Ingredients for the salad;
- Sausages 4
- Carrot 1
- Boiled eggs 2
- Cucumber medium 2
- Apple 1
- Potato small 2
- Green peas boiled 1/2cup
- Pickled cucumber 3
- Ingredients for the dressing;
- Mayonnaise 4 tbsp
- Tabasco sauce or chilli sauce 1 tbsp or more
- Mustard paste 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- 1Peel the potatoes cut them in bite size cubes and boil them in half cup water with a pinch of salt till done dont over cook then your salad will be mushy. Boil your peas too.
- 2Fry the sausages which is the star ingredient of this salad till done with very little oil .drain it well and chop it into small cubes , you can also use salami or boiled chicken pieces instead of sausage . Boil eggs and chop them into bite size. Chop all the other ingredients and add them in a big bowl.
- 3Making the dressing by adding the dressing ingredients you can add more Tabasco sauce if you want a little more spicy.
- 4Finally mix this dressing with the chopped salad till well coated. Serve chilled.