Prawns being everybody's favourite is always a good side dish for a simple daal chawal. Todays recipe is quite different from the regular prawns recipe as it's a fusion of India and Chinese flavours. I have used prawns with thier shells intact only head removed as its difficult to clean but if you dont like to cook with thier shells on then you can also try with fully cleaned prawns. Do try this spicy recipe with your simple meals and enjoy .
- Ingredients for marination; Prawns large- 500 gms
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Cornflour 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ingredients for seasoning;
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Ginger finely chopped 1 tbsp
- Garlic finely chopped 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped green chilly 1
- Curry leaves 2 springs
- Finely chopped capsicum half
- Chilly powder 1 tsp
- Soya sauce 1 tbsp
- Tomato sauce 3 tbsp
- Salt 1/4tsp
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 1Clean the prawns,first remove the head then trim the legs with the help of a scissors. Do not remove the shell as we want it intact.Now if you bend the prawn you will see a soft portion in between all the hard shells insert a toothpick or a knife and remove the vein from that soft part.
- 2Marinate the prawns with ingredients under marination and set it aside in fridge for one hour.
Now thread each prawns on skewers lengthwise .
- 3Shallow fry these prawns in a wide pan of hot oil until cooked which will take 5 mts. Set aside in a plate .
In the same pan add two tablespoon of oil add thinly chopped ginger, garlic and green chilly.Saute well for two minutes.
Add chilly powder, curry leaves and finely chopped capsicum; mix well.
Add soy sauce, tomato sauce and salt; mix well.
Add the fried prawns and chopped coriander leaves in to it ;mix well and switch off the flame.
Serve hot .