Squids is from the seafood family which tastes delicious when cooked properly, if overcooked they turn real rubbery and difficult to chew. So try not to cook it more than 5 mts. Squid has a lot of water content in them so there is no need to add water when we want the dish to be dry masala or fry. Enjoy this dish with a simple daal chawal.
- squid- 500 gms
- Coconut oil 2 tbsp
- Pepper powder 1 tsp +1/2tsp
- Ginger grated 1 inch
- Finely chopped onion 1 large
- Garlic grated 3 fat cloves
- Green chillies chopped 2
- Tomato finely chopped 1 medium
- Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
- Chili powder 1/2tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 1Heat coconut oil in a pan; when its hot add 1 tsp pepper powder and saute well in low flame.
Add onions chopped and saute until transparent.
- 2Add grated ginger, garlic and green chillies chopped saute for a minute now add all masalas and the tomatoes cook well till ots mashed up and most of the water is dried up.
- 3Now add cleaned squid mix well and cook for 5 mts without adding water on high flame as it releases a lot of water .Dont cook more than 5 mts as the squid will turn rubbery. Its preferred to cook it when it's time to serve to avoid reheating. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and chopped onions .