Tiramisu is a coffee-flavoured Italian dessert. It is made of ladyfingers dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of sugar , cream and cheese, flavoured with cocoa. This desert is made with mascarpone cheese which is not easily available in many places so I substituted it with cream cheese. This one of my kids favourites as it contains coffee flavour because they are huge coffee lovers . Do try it out and give a feed back
- Italian lady finger biscuits 20 or more
- Cream cheese 180gms
- Whipping cream 250 gms
- Thick cream 125 gms
- 3 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 and half cups of water
- Sugar 1/2cup or more
- Cocoa powder to dusting on top
- 1First make coffee by adding coffee powder to one and half cup of hot water mix well and let it cool completely.
- 2Now in a deep bowl add chilled whipping cream and sugar beat for a few minutes with a help of a beater to get soft peaks(check the sweetness you can add 2 tbsp more if you feel less) dont over beat as it will curdle. ( if you dont add chilled cream then you wont get the soft peaks)
Now add thick cream and cream cheese beat again till everything is well incorporated. Dont over beat.
- 3Take a serving tray which is preferably rectangular or square.
Take out your finger biscuits and start dipping each biscuit in the coffee ( dont keep it too long in the coffee as the biscuits will break)and start arranging it in your tray , do this till the bottom layer is all covered now spread half of the cream mixture on top of the biscuits. Now repeat the biscuit layer by dipping it in the coffee. Now repeat by spreading the remaining cream layer on top of the biscuits. Now set it aside by covering the tray with cling wrap for best results keep it overnight. Before serving dust cocoa powder all over the cream enjoy.