If you want a trail mix without hidden sugars and calories, this one is very nice and super yummy. Enjoy!
- 3 c cheerios (honey or plain)
- 1/4 c chopped pecans
- 1/4 c pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 c toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c cashews or almonds
- 1/3 c dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/3 raisins
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/4 c nut butter (I used half peanut and half cashew butter)
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- 2In a sauce pan over medium-low heat until all the ingredients are melted and blended together.
- 3Pour the liquids into the bowl of with the dry ingredients and mix well until everything is well coated.
- 4Place it all in the fridge for and hour or 2, until everything is cooled down.
- 5Keep this mix in a cool dry place or just in the fridge because of the butter, because it could melt if it turns too hot and mess up the consistency of the trail mix. Enjoy!