This is a very basic recipe that is easily adjusted to fit different occasions by changing the add-ons from pomegranates to something like walnuts, or switching the coriander sauce for something else. Enjoy!
- 2 med eggplants
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 100 g greek yoghurt
- 3 Tbsp coriander pesto (basil pesto is also great)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1Slice the eggplants into 1 cm slices, lengthwise.
- 2Sprinkle them with salt and put in a colander. Let it sit for 30-50 minutes and discard the liquid.
- 3Heat up a grill on a high heat. Brush the grill with olive oil and place the eggplant on it.
- 4Grill on each side for about 3-4 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt, pesto and garlic to make a sauce.
- 6Serve the eggplant topped with the pomegranate and the sauce on the side. Enjoy!