This egg fried rice recipe is a real winner for the working week. It is easy to make, tastes delicious and will stop you from ordering a take out option that will be loaded with calories.
- 100g basmati rice
- 1 tbpsn ground nut oil
- 70g frozen peas
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- handful of spring onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tspn dried chilli flakes
- 2 large free range eggs
- Juice of 1 lime
- fresh coriander
- ground black pepper/ salt
- 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan/ wok and once hot add the onions and garlic with a pinch of salt. Cook on a medium heat for around 2 minutes.
- 2Add the red peppers and chilli flakes and cook for a further 4 or 5 minutes – occassionally giving the vegetables a stir.
- 3Add the peas to the pan with some black pepper.
- 4Add the rice (fluffing it up with a fork) to the wok and create a gap/ dip in the middle. Beat the eggs in a small mixing bowl and then pour into the middle of the pan. Leave for 1 minute on a medium heat and then stir so that the eggs cover the rice and starts to cook and break away into shreds.
- 5Stir in the spring onions, coriander and lime juice and leave to cook for a further 1 minute – constantly giving it a stir.
- 6Take the pan off the heat and garnish with more coriander and black pepper if needed.
- 7Serve with some lime wedges.