Two things come to mind when I think of the Florida Panhandle along the Gulf Coast.
Citrus and shrimp.
Well, actually three things come to mind, college girls in string bikinis is the other one but that's a different story for a different blog.
Ursula and I enjoy this dinner after a hard day at the beach. Easy to do, very little prep, just open a bottle of Corona, sit down and enjoy.
- 1 Tbs Olive Oyl
- 1 Cup Freshly Squeezed OJ
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lime
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves, Finely Minced
- 1 Green Onion, Sliced
- 2 Tbs. Poblano, Diced
- 2 Tbs. Red Pepper, Diced
- 2 Lbs. 16-24 Gulf Shrimp, Peeled, Tail off
- 1 Orange, Cut into Wedges
- 1 Lemon Cut into wedges
- 1 Lime Cut into Wedges
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1Whisk together the oyl juices, garlic, onion and peppers.
- 2Pour into a hot cast iron skillet and bring to a simmer, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add the shrimp and citrus slices. Cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp is pink.
- 4Serve and top with cilantro