Quite a number of people have different reasons why they do not like beans... I'm one of those people. This is recipe is a tasty way of enjoying beans. It contains a high volume of fiber, high-quality carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. I love to enjoy my beans with bread or over -ripe plantain.
- 2 Cups of beans (peeled)
- 4 medium sized onions (chopped)
- Lamb or beef ( diced)
- Smoked fish
- Crayfish (Grinded)
- 4 Tablespoons of palmoil
- 2 Red scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Bouillon Cubes
- Chicken or beef stock
- 4 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1Peel beans, rinse and place in a pot. Add just enough to cover the beans in the pot and allow to boil for 30 minutes until very soft . Add chopped onion and allow to boil for another 5 mins until very soft and water dries up. Set aside.
- 2Roughly blend onions, red scotch bonnet pepper, red bell pepper, green pepper and tomatoes. Add four tablespoons of vegetable oil into and pour in pepper mixture. Add two bouillon cubes , liquid stock and smoked fish. Allow to fry for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- 3In a pan, add beans and pour in chopped lamb or beef. Add grinded crayfish and stock fish. Add pepper sauce and salt to taste. Stir thoroughly and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- 4Serve with bread, plantain, yam or potatoes. Enjoy!!!!