I love duck and it is easily available from a local supermarket. It is also an easy dish to prepare and is suited to a lot of different ingredients. This recipe is a lighter way to enjoy the meat. The mango adds a lovely sweet touch and the dressing gives the dish that added spice. I also coat the duck breast in Hoisin sauce to give it that extra crispy and tasty skin.
- 1 duck breast
- Hoisin sauce
- 2 large handfuls of fresh watercress
- Large bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 red onion
- 1 mango
- 7 cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- 4 tbpsn dark soy sauce
- 1 tbspn paprika
- 1 tbspn size fresh ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbspn sesame oil
- 1Heat 1 tbpsn olive oil in a frying pan. Lightly spread some hoisin sauce on each side of the duck meat and then place in the pan, skin side down. Cook for around 5-6 minutes and then cook on the other side for a further 3 minutes.
- 2For the dressing; mix everything together and put to one side.
- 3Plate up the watercress and coriander. Mix in the onions, tomatoes and mango and give everything a good mix.
- 4Slice the duck into thick chunks and place on top of the salad. Pour over the dressing and season with some black pepper.