This Salmon Niçoise recipe is a perfect one for a summer supper. Light, refreshing and easy to make, leaving me with enough time to enjoy the warm evening with a gin and tonic!
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 large handful of watercress
- a small amount of rocket
- handful of green olives
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- half a cucumber
- fine green beans
- 4 medium free range eggs
- 4 medium potatoes
- a few lemon slices
- black pepper/ sea salt
- For the dijon mustard vinaigrette:
- 2 tspn dijon mustard
- 4 tbpsn olive oil
- 1 tspn white wine vinegar
- juice of half a lemon
- 1Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5/ 190 degrees celsius.
- 2To make the vinaigrette: Add everything to a small bowl and mix together.
- 3Put the salmon in an oven dish with the lemon slices. Place in the oven for around 20 – 25 minutes.
- 4In a separate small oven dish add the green beans and 1 tbpsn olive oil with a bit of lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven until the salmon is done.
- 5Add the eggs to a pan of water and put on a medium heat. Bring to the boil and leave the eggs to cook for 10 minutes.
- 6Pop the potatoes in the microwave for around 10 minutes. And also pop the tomatoes in the oven.
- 7Plate up the watercress, rocket, cucumber and olives. Take the tomatoes out of the oven and scatter them over the plate.
- 8Drain and peel the eggs. Cut them in half and place around the edge of each plate. Cut the potatoes in half and also place around the edge of each plate.
- 9Take the green beans and salmon out of the oven. Plate up the beans in the middle of each plate and the salmon on top.
- 10Drizzle the vinaigrette over each dish and then garnish with black pepper.