A scrumptious and surprisingly easy side dish with lots of opportunity for variations.
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely minced
- Corn kernels from 4 ears of corn
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup greek yogurt
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Wipe 8 half-cup ramekins with canola oil.
- 2In the food processor, pulse jalapeño until finely minced. Add half the corn kernels, egg whites and buttermilk or yogurt and pulse until smooth.
- 3Stir in remaining corn kernels and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into ramekins and bake for 30 minutes.