Vegetable rice can be eaten solely or with chicken/ mutton curry. I like all types of rice recipes, be it biryani, pilau, khabsa or fried rice. This vegetable rice is one of my all time favorite that my mum used to make with chicken curry. The combination of this rice and curry is just magical, you have to try to believe :)
It is quick and easy, healthy and is ready to be served in no time. Green beans, carrots and peas are rich in vitamins and antioxidants, great if you are on a diet plan.
Kids love the colourful rice and thru this recipe you can make them eat the nutritious vegetables too.
Firstly, in a pot saute onion slices with oil on medium heat till they become transparent. Add carrots, corn, green beans, green chillis and peas with black pepper, cumin seeds, chicken stock cube and salt.
Pour 1 cup of water and let the vegetables cook. Add in another 3 cups of water and let it boil. Mix in the soaked rice and let it cook till the there is no water left.
Serve with your favorite curry or raita. Enjoy!
- 2 cups basmati rice soaked
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- 1 tin corn
- 1 cup green beans cut into inch sizes
- 1 cup green peas
- 3 green chillis whole
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1In a pot, saute onions with oil on medium heat till they turn transparent. Add carrot, corn, green beans, whole green chillis, black pepper, cumin seeds, chicken stock cube and salt. Stir in the mixture.
- 2Add 1 cup of water to the pot and cook for 10 mins or more till the vegetables are cooked.
- 3Pour about 3 cups of water, let the mixture boil. Add rice, stir and cover the lid. Cook for 15 mins or more till there is no water left.
- 4Serve with your favorite curry or have it just like that. Enjoy!