These pieces of grilled lamb are perfect for a quick and tasty meal. I prepared them in the morning and let it marinade all day.
For the marinade: I use mint, dijon mustard, cumin, balsamic vinegar, and honey. The natural sugar in the honey helps the lamb caramelize on the grill.
- 800g lamb forequarter pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1To make marinade, combine mint, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, ground cumin, honey, salt, pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Place pieces of lamb in a single layer in a shallow dish, rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of lamb. Cover and refrigerate for 3-5 hours.
- 2Prepare grill.
- 3Place pieces of lamb on a grill rack coated with cooking spray.
- 4Grill 10 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve immediately with your choice of garnish!