This is literally a carrot cake packed into a small bite-sized snack (without the sugary icing of course) I hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do. Enjoy!
- 3/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 c - 3/4 c grated carrots (about 1 medium carrot)
- 1Preheat the oven to 160'C / 320'F and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- 3In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut oil, vanilla and egg until smooth.
Add in and whisk the syrup.
- 4Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until combined. Now fold in the carrot.
- 5Chill your mixture for at least 30 min, covered.
- 6Now use a spoon or an ice cream scoop and place balls onto the cookie sheet.
- 7Bake for 12-15 min and let cool and additional 15 min before removing from the cookie sheet. Enjoy!
- 179 cal, 13 g carbs, 3 g fat, 2 g prot