"Breakfast is always the best time for something juicy, sweet and fresh - it just feels like the right way to open the day. There's no right way, though, when it comes to choosing the fruit. " -Yotam Ottolenghi
That's exactly how I would define breakfast or in short I would call it anything with a dash of color from fruits, just enough to paint another colorful day! And so is this recipe! which is one of those that can be made from scratch without a recipe card, or rather you can always invent a new combination every time you stir up a breakfast smoothie bowl, without any compromise on taste. Yet, its just humble, the healthiest and the most creative way to kick start an energetic day! Rich in calcium, minerals, fibers from the yogurt and fruits, plus a bonus carbohydrates and good fats too, thanks to the peanut butter dash.
Literally a rainbow in a bowl with a hint of cocoa, just right to revisit the child in you or just to impress one! Top it up with some crunchies, like rolled oats , nuts, granola, cereals etc. Enjoy!
- For the smoothie:
- Yogurt- 3/4 cup
- Banana- 1
- Blueberries- 6-7
- Dried cranberries- 1tbsp
- Mango- 1/2 cup (roughly chopped)
- Cacao powder-2 tsp
- Flax seeds- 1 tbsp
- Peanut butter- 1 tbsp
- Honey- 1/2 tbsp(more as per liking)
- For topping:
- Sliced almonds-handful(you can add your fav one or just a mixed bag or nuts)
- Rolled oats or granola- 2tbsp(more as per liking)
- Mixed fruits(diced) Papaya, mango, strawberry, sliced banana, kiwi, Handfull blueberries.
- Cinnamon powder- a pinch or two to sprinkle.
- 1In a blender, blend all the ingredients mentioned under smoothie to a paste.
- 2Pour out the smoothie in a bowl and top it up with your favorite combination of diced fresh fruits and nuts. Sprinkle cinnamon powder and rolled oats/ granola. Serve chilled. Enjoy!