Nigerian jello is easy and quick to make. It can be made from either fermented wet corn starch or smooth corn flour. Its best served with bean cake, pepper soup etc.
- 1 Cup of corn flour
- Water (60 cl)
- 1Measure out the corn flour into a pot and mix with the 60cl of water. Add the water bit by bit to prevent forming a lump.
- 2Start cooking on a low heat, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
- 3Once the mixture becomes thicken, pay close attention and continue with the stirring to avoid lumps from forming. And make sure the heat its on low level, because high heat can form the lumps even with the constant stirring.
- 4Pour water and cover to cook for 5minutes when the mixture becomes very thick.
- 5After 5minutes stir and drop a little of the jello into a cold water, if it takes a form after cooling then its ready.
- 6Wrap with a leave or transfer into a desired container. It will take the shape of the container when it cools.
- 7Serve with bean cake or pepper soup, its still a great combination with okro soup.